Thank you to the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Your service and sacrifices have proven their devotion to fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return.
Honoring our veterans
We are honored to provide special care to our veterans and their spouses and families. We proudly offer Veteran’s Funeral Advantage, a plan that cares for each veteran and helps ensure your family receives the respect and benefits they have earned and deserve. We will help you plan military services that are meaningful and honor the life well-lived.
What is veteran's funeral advantage?
Whether you choose cremation or burial, our professional staff feels pride in caring for a veteran and their family.
The Veteran’s Funeral Advantage includes:
- Our commitment to take care of all the veteran paperwork and details. We will walk you through the options at no additional charge for our time and services.
- We complete and submit on your behalf the applications for all federal veterans’ benefits available including Veteran’s Burial Benefits, Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate, replacement medals, and veteran memorial marker or headstone.
- If your family requests, we can request and arrange burial in a national or state veterans’ cemetery.
- Your family will be presented with a folded American flag during the memorial service.
- In addition, a veteran can be cremated with an American Flag laying on top of the casket. A private family send-off is also available at our onsite crematory in Bartlesville.
- Memorial services will include a register book, memorial folders and a memorial video filled with photos and music selected by the family.
did you know?
All honorably discharged veterans, their spouses and disabled (dependent) children are entitled to request a free cemetery space and headstone at any VA national cemetery. In Oklahoma, there are two (Fort Gibson and Fort Sill) national cemeteries as well as several state veteran’s cemeteries that are administered separately.
It’s critical that the paperwork is filled out with the specific numbers and details from supporting documents needed (DD214, etc.) to ensure the applications are processed without delays or issues.
We care and it shows
One of our dedicated funeral directors will meet with your family to learn about your loved one and discuss the available options to honor and celebrate their life. The choice is always yours - we are here to guide and serve you just as they served our country.
Every memorial service should be as unique as the person it is honoring - we believe a veteran is extra deserving of the thanks of our community and nation.
Our staff truly cares about every family that we serve, so our work does not stop after the service is over. We provide aftercare and grief support services for the year following the service at no additional cost.
Who is Eligible?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for and receive veterans' burial benefits with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have questions about eligibility for our Veteran’s Funeral Advantage, please call one of our two locations or send us an email using our contact form. To speak with one of our staff, please call 918-534-3030 (Dewey) or 918-333-7665 (Bartlesville).